[Podcast] Belgian Legacy Cast - EP01 - Introductions are in order

[Podcast] Belgian Legacy Cast - EP01 - Introductions are in order

Message  NiRVeS le Dim 21 Sep - 3:36

The Belgian Legacy Cup (BLC) is a tournament series, through which we crown a yearly "National Legacy Champion". Throughout the year, there are a series of Trials, where players can earn byes for an open end-of year tournament with a big prize pool and a trophy on the line. The series been going on since 2009, and I've been doing the website and "marketing" for the past few years now.

As another means to try and get people involved in our tournaments, I came up with the idea of starting a podcast. There's another trial tournament each coming month + the grand finals in December, and the idea would be to make one of these after each event. So that means the first goal will be to make 4 more throughout 2014. Because number one, is out now!

In this first episode, we introduce ourselves and talk some Khans of Tarkir, before diving into a couple of tournament reports from the first Belgian Legacy Cup Trial in Mol.

Link: http://belgianlegacycup.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/belgian-legacy-cast-episode-1-introductions-are-in-order/
Show lenght: 1h08m

We're figuring out the technical side of this as we go along, so excuse us for the 2 week delay between recording and publishing this episode and the poor audio quality.
Also, for butchering the English language, saying "euhr" approximately a million times... I also had a really rough night right before we recorded this, so hopefully I'll be a bit more cheerfull so we can carry this to a more energetic show.

As is evident, the current format is heavily inspired by other podcasts, such as Everyday Eternal and Brainstorm Brewery. As we progress, we'll hopefully be able to cultivate our own style a bit more. As for now, consider any blatant "imitation" to be a compliment, rather than a mockery.

For anyone who takes the effort to listen to the cast, I would highly appreciate any feedback you have for us, either content-wise, style-wise, or on the technical execution.

The recording was done using Skype + Audicty, with each member recording their own track only (even though other people's voices were all over each track still). I then tried syncing everything up, although I never got it perfect, so I cleaned up some parts and just cut some stuff out entirely.

Thank you all for reading/listening, we hope you enjoy the show, and follow along, as we try desperately to get better at this.

Tom

NiRVeS

http://belgianlegacycup.wordpress.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: [Podcast] Belgian Legacy Cast - EP01 - Introductions are in order

Message  Thorgnole le Dim 21 Sep - 22:30

like !
Thorgnole

Message  Reinout le Mar 23 Sep - 16:13

• You sound very choppy in the opening advertisement. Sentence... pause... sentence... pause. Throughout the podcast this issue sometimes pops up as well, can probably be fixed by lowering the threshold on which the microphone cuts off. You could use mumble instead of Skype, it has a better audio quality. And let everyone use a headset to prevent echo. I can hook you up with a server (actually Jeroen already has the info, but I can give you a private channel). You could also turn it into a video stream so you can add the cards you are talking about (while keeping it a podcast so you can listen to it while working).
  • Cheerful is with a single L, like most English words ending on -ful (that will teach you to complain about me misspelling price vs prize)
  • I would prefer more legacy talk and less standard and modern, but that's just me.
  • I enjoyed the tournament report and the discussion about the different funky cards. The report gives a nice story and different fodder to talk about. Posting decklists would be nice.
  • Adding an overview, either in text, or by recording that post-podcast and adding it in the beginning so we know what to expect. I guess text is the easiest way to do it :p

I enjoyed the podcast, will listen again.

Reinout

Message  NiRVeS le Mar 23 Sep - 17:15

Excellent advice!

- Sound quality: I'm confident this will improve over time. Both because I myself will (hopefully) get better at editing this stuff, but also because there are a few more tips & tricks which I hope to incorporate into the recording process (everyone using headphones, putting a signal at the beginning of the cast for me to use as a reference when syncing the different tracks, having people be mindful of not interupting eachother, etc.).
Normally, the poor audio-quality of Skype should be a non-issue, since ideally each member of the cast will only be recording their own microphone input on their local machine.

- Grammar-nazi'ing me on a 400-word post, in which I'm presenting a 1h+ podcast, on which I've labored well over half a dozen hours in order to get things right? Damn, you're ruthless Gné.

- Our focus will be on Legacy. However, if we've got something interesting to report on other formats, we'll still mention it.

- We'll also try to limit the number of full-blown tournament reports to a maximum of 2 for all future podcasts. Just a matter of keeping the content a bit diversified.

- I'll add an overview of this episode's topics (+timestamps) to the show notes tonight. And of course for all future episodes as well.

I already have a rough outline for the next 2 episodes, content-wise. You can expect a Legacy-focussed second episode, where we'll discuss some deckarchetypes in depth, and a third episode where we'll discuss some more Vintage. General respons appears to be good, so we're all really motivated to continue and get better at this.

So keep your feedback and suggestions coming, we'll try to put them to good use!

NiRVeS

http://belgianlegacycup.wordpress.com

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé